Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Anyone out there?

I'm home with Maddie, who is sick today, so that's given me a little time to think. Has anyone ever had a day when they feel so small and insignificant in this big, old giant thing we call life? What is it all about? Why? It is so crazy to me that sometimes I feel like this because of course I know the answers to these questions but today I'm pondering... I know what I believe is true but why then do I feel so small? I don't really LOVE everything in my life right now. I'm not sure if I want to teach school forever more, I really want to have another baby- or do I? I feel like no one would even notice if I fell off the earth. Someone else could teach my class, someone else could do my laundry, someone else could raise my kids. I feel really confused today. Please don't read too much into this post-I'll be okay. I just need to know that other people have these kinds of days too. Anyone?

7 comments:

Katie said...

I'd definitely miss you! And yes I've had those kinds of days. I'd have to say more of them last year in Cincy than this year because it was a VERY hard year on me with Randy always gone and not knowing where we were headed next. I learned a lot and am stronger now but it's hard to see that point of view when life isn't at a very fun point.

Sarah said...

Lis, everyone has days like that, but ever since we talked tonight, I've been thinking about it. I'd miss you, and your kids would, and your husband, and...it goes on. I wish you had the perspective of yourself that I have of you. You are an amazing woman doing a great job with life--not always things we want to do, but have to. Maybe someday we could just run away from our crazy/busy/hectic/chaotic lives and remember who we are, etc. And then they'll all appreciate and miss us so much. And we'll all live happily ever after. :) I don't know if it'll work, but the running away part sounds fun.

The Walch Family said...

Okay Lisa... You know that you would be missed. I missed my mom every day and I'm how old??? I know what you mean when everything in the world seems to come down on you at once. Remember last fall? Yep... It's not fun. But... as we know we have to ETTE *Endure To The End* and then our greatest ever blessings will be upon us. But I agree with Sarah... I'd like to run away for a little while.

Renee said...

Hey we all have days like this, unfortunately some more than others. Someone could teach your class and someone could do your laundry, but NO ONE BUT YOU COULD BE THE BEST MOM TO YOUR KIDS!! Sometimes it helps to just look outside your front door and see that there is someone out there that has a worse situation. Grab a coke, find something small to smile about, and know tomorrow can and will be a better day!

Krista said...

Lisa,
It's Krista Hutchins. I mysteriously ran across your blog and I'm not even sure how I arrived here ... so I hope you don't mind that I stop in and say "Hi".

I read your post and wanted you to know that you are not the only one who has found themselves in this place. I've been there too and, to be honest, I don't know of anyone who hasn't. I don't know how to tell you to fix it but I do know that it will pass and you will feel better. I hope, in your heart, you know that you would be SEVERLY missed. Not only by your friends but by those precious little ones who call you "MOM"... there is no one who is a better mom for THEM that you! Hang in there... you will feel better.

Feel free to stop in and visit us at: TheHutchinsFamily-Krista.blogspot.com

Love You, Krista

Kim said...

We all love you so much Lisa. We definitely all have days like this. I can't wait to see you in April and give you a big hug!

Allison said...

Sorry my post is so after the fact but I couldn't let the opportunity pass to tell you YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! It sounds to me like you need a little pick me up so here goes my best shot. Remember when we decided to borrow (I'm using the term borrow but it was more like sneak) Shauna's white truck and drag main? We heard a terrible noise and felt some bumping but decided to just turn the radio up and continue down main street. Everyone in the parking lot of the gas station was pointing and yelling but we just waved and continued down the street. Well, when we decided we had been out long enough we headed for home. Once to my house I jumped out and noticed we had a flat tire. Not wanting to hurt the tire anymore we pushed the truck from my house to your driveway (about 20 ft). Come to find out we had to come clean with your dad and Shauna and tell them we borrowed the truck and got a flat. Well, since we drove on the flat for so long we ruined the entire wheel. HE HE HE!! I still laugh so hard at this story. I hope this puts a smile on your face. I will always remember this and many other memories we share. I would miss you tremendously and so would those darling children. Remember, Mother's are very special. I miss mine terribly and would give anything for just five minutes with her. Be there for your children because the time you have with them is short and then they will be out the door and on their way in this wonderful adventure we call LIFE!
If this doesn't make you feel better then I think a nice trip to Amsterdam would do it. Why don't you sneak away and come visit me?!!!!