Saturday, November 7, 2009

late, late Saturday night

Any given late, late Saturday night or very early Sunday morning you'll find me in this same situation. DOING LAUNDRY!!!! I don't know if I resent this weekly task or enjoy my late nights alone. My house is fairly quiet except for Adam snoring loudly in the background and usually CSI playing in the background for noise mostly. I have decided that I have something seriously wrong with me. I am obsessed with clean clothes! I am finally admiting that I may have a serious problem when it comes to nicely ironed clothes. I have to iron EVERYTHING! I have gotten away from most t-shirts and I am not crazy enough to iron underwear or socks but I admit I have seriously had to stop myself from ironing a sheet or pillowcase once in a while! Okay, now that I admit it shouldn't that help people understand why I ALWAYS have a mountain of ironing on my couch in the family room, there really is a very comfortable couch under there, I think. It's been so long I can't remember really what color it is. Okay, I think I remember it is black. Someone please help me I am lost under the HUGE mountain of never ending laundry/ironing and I want to get out. I have tried to not pay attention to whether or not EVERYTHING EVERYONE in my house is wearing is ironed but I can't. I have even tried that wrinkle spray they make. It doesn't cut it for me. Is it really a sickness? Is there medicine for it? My mom has the pharmacy, I could get the prescription tonight. I need some justification for this obsession. It is taking over my life. I really don't hate ironing but I mean come on 50-75 items every Saturday night? That's not including my time during the week. I bet I do about 50 items during the week too. Someone please help! Is there anyone else out there like me? Please tell me I'm not the only ironing obsessed lady.

6 comments:

Stacy B said...

I hardly iron anything I wear, but Greg gets up and irons a shirt (with extra starch) every morning so maybe it's a family illness...Good luck with your mountain:)

Gaylynn said...

Well, if you enjoy freshly ironed clothes, I don't know how you can escape your ironing disease. I, like Stacy, hardly iron anything, but I'm sure you already knew that. :) Maybe you could pretend that wrinkled clothes are the new fad... and convince yourself that certain items just look better wrinkled.... not working? Ah well. I tried. Good luck! G

The Walch Family said...

Hey Lis...
I've found that if I just 'dry' my clothes for a few minutes... like 10 or 15, and then take them out and hang them up, pulling the wrinkles out, they are wonderful!!! I have to admit that I miss ironing Jared's white shirts for church. I hope that he's doing that for his mission! I think you are fine... Just a good mom and wife. ( I admit that I too, love to iron a good pillowcase once in awhile!!)

lisa said...

I've tried that too! Doesn't work for my OCD! I guess I am just meannt to iron my life away.

Steph said...

ohhhh. i so wish i could relate! the spray wrinkle releaser works great for me! i do have obsessions with other things though, like perfectly spotless floors. ho hum, there's always something i'm afraid! just take comfort inknowing that as you are up all night w/ all the ironing, i am down on all fours scrubbing the night away as well, usually w/ conan o' brien in the background. . .

Renee said...

Wow, sorry can't relate...I don't really obsess about stuff like that..I guess I am one of the lucky ones! That or I don't mind having a pile of laundry to iron or perfectly spotted floors (sorry Stephanie... don't look down!). Sarah talks about the wrinkle spray that she swears by..I just iron church clothes and Kyle's shirts if he is lucky! Happy Ironing!