Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Project Life!




I've been meaning to blog about this for a long time but never make it a priority, I guess. This is a scrapbook project that I have been working on this year. Let me explain a bit about it but just keep reading before you freak out at the first... I take one picture every day of the year and journal the little card every day. Now at first I was like, "yeah right, a picture every single day, I can't do that." but 7 months into it I can tell you that I LOVE IT!!!! I got the idea from my favorite scrapbook Hero, Goddess, Idol, Becky Higgins. Can I just tell you that I love her? I have not ever met her in person, much to my disapointment, but I could tell you just about anything you would like to know about her life from the past say 10 or 12 years that I have been following her. It's kind of a creepy, stalking, obsessive relationship I have secretly with her. I have always said that if I could ever meet her then I may as well go ahead and die because that's all I need to complete my life. Okay that may be a little over board but I would truely be complete if I could just spend an afternoon with her. I have even talked about moving to Arizona to maybe run into her say at the grocery store or something! This woman is AWESOME! She is near perfect in my eyes that's for sure! Anyway back to Project Life.... well, what else do I tell you about it? You buy it through Amazon and contect through my website to hers, on the right. I don't think I can do Project Life justice so just go to her website and check it out. It has changed my life. I don't feel so overwhelmed in the scrapbook department anymore because it's just one picture, one little journal card a day. It has become my Sunday afternoon project to work on it. I even bore my testimony in church about this wonderful project. I have loved looking back over the year so far to remember the little things that I never scrapped about before. Some days I don't have anything big to write about but that's what I love about it, you get all the details, the real stuff life's about with this little beauty. No I am not getting paid for advertising from Becky Higgins but I really should be, I've told LOTS of people about it. I will be posting more pictures from it throughout the year that you can be sure!

10 comments:

Kami said...

I have a couple of friends that are doing the picture a day scrapbook, they really like it too!!! I know myself all to well and I know that I would never stay on top of that!

lisa said...

That's exactly what I thought!!! It is so easy that it's hard not to stay on top of it though!

Kimberli said...

Glad I found your blog! It was fun talking with you for a bit today.

I admit, I have a Project Life book from this year and haven't done a thing yet! I keep telling myself, "when I move, I'll start on it." We'll see. :)

Whitney Terry said...

Thank you so much for this post! Today was my first day as a stay at home mom, project life is exactly what I need to capture the time I spend with my boys. I tried to buy the kit, but sadly they are out of stock- I will get one as soon as I can! Thanks again!

lisa said...

I have no idea who that Whitney Terry is but she just made my day. I guess that's okay if she visited my blog if she made me feel better?

Janell said...

Hey Lisa! I was blog hoppin' and found yours. What a great idea for keeping track of the little things in life. Love the idea!

Allison said...

Love the idea! Do you think they ship to Europe?!

Whitney Terry said...

Ha Ha... Whitney Terry, is Whitney Killpack. I think you might know her... you know the sassy little girl you used to baby sit?

Oh- And I oredered the kit (I should have it today!) I cant wait to get started!

lisa said...

That is so FUNNY! Whitney! I had no idea that was your married name! You were not a sassy little girl you were/are darling! Thanks for the post! Have fun with yours. Do you blog? what's your address?

Whitney Terry said...

I just started blogging this year- my address is: theterrytribe.blogspot.com. I think (but am not positive) if you click my name (in blue) it should link to my blog.