skip to main |
skip to sidebar

- December is Maddie's month! It started out with her Christmas dance review on the 5th. She did a really great job. She is quite a little dancer.
- Madalyn made the most important decision of her life this month. She choose to be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints. We are so happy that she choose to make this important step in her life. I don't know whose crazy idea it was to have her baptism the day after her birthday... It all worked out despite the STRESS it caused! Why do I do this kind of stuff to myself?
- After the baptism we had a family party at our house. She opened a few birthday presents from the family.
- A long standing tradition at Grantsville Elementary is for the 3rd graders to preform the Nutcracker. Now this isn't your every day school program! We go all out and for weeks, literally, that's all we do. (Low test scores, who cares we have a cute Christmas program!) Well Nathan was my backstage helper while Adam did the filming for us. Note the outfit Nathan picked out. He came home from daycare and changed into his "handsome" outfit that he was determined to wear. It was hilariously not handsome! Oh well he's only 4 and he was backstage most of the time anyway.
- This is Nathan and my nephew, Marcus after the baptism. I told the two of them to be really careful and spill the red punch all over my carpet (so I could get new) and they did it for me!!! Not bad enough to justify new carpet though, dang it! My new Rainbow vac got it right out, darn vacuum!
- Some of the 3rd graders at the Nutcracker. We had 216 kids in it this year!
- More of Maddie's dance recital. It's too bad she's so tall and always has to be at the back because the girls always watch her but it makes it kinda hard when she's in the back.
- More family party. It's amazing how big our family room stretched out for the fam. We were a little nervous about space but didn't even use the living room, we all fit in the kitchen and the family room. Maybe it's like the story of the loaves and fishes. We had plenty of space and lots of food, despite my worrying about it. By the way the sandwich platters from Costco are super easy and yummy if you ever need to have a crowd.
- For Maddie's friend party this year we decided to stop trying to pretend that she doesn't have a birthday 6 days before Christmas and embrace it. We had a Christmas Birthday Party. We decorated gingerbread houses and made Christmas bracelets. We had lots of fun. This cute girl with Maddie is Hannah McKeever. She is a sweet little girl!
- Nathan got to visit with Santa after the dance recital.
- This is how excited Maddie was when she opened up her present with her MP 3 player in it for her birthday. I think she likes it, what do you think?
- More of the 3rd grade Nutcracker. I didn't say this, but this could be the very last year for this long standing tradition. 27 years!!!! is long enough, I think. We'll have to see what happens.
- This center picture is obviously of us at Maddie's baptism. I still don't know why the camera made the picture blury like that, but I think it is a nice touch. Thanks to all of you who made the trek in the snow and bad weather. It made the day extra special for Madalyn. She will never forget her wonderful day. I pray she always remembers the commitment she made this day and always keeps those promises she made. I know she will always be truly happy if she keeps her membership sacred and continues to let her testimony grow. I have seen what can happen if you let satan take over. Please Maddie know that your Mom and Dad are very pleased and your Heavenly Father loves you very much and will never leave your side. Always be worthy of having the Holy Ghost with you because he will help you through anything. Mom loves you! Congrats again! Hold your testimony up high. I hope you always know that the church is true.
3 comments:
Congrats Miss Maddie ! Way to go! What an awesome Chrsitmas gift that you got to give Heavenly Father and Jesus ! You're awesome !
Note to Lisa:
I'm very stressed as well trying to get my ( swallow hard ) missionary son ready for his Farewell and out the door. So please bear with me if I don't come to scrapbook class. I'm very stressed. I hope that you will be able to come to his Farewell and that you will come by for dinner afterwards at our house. I'll be glad when the 28th comes... I think ! Or I'll just cry even more !
Congratulations Maddie! What an awesome December!
I remember performing the Nutcracker when I was in third grade. Allison Cowan was the lead and I was soooo jealous!
I am so impressed by all the catching up you've done! We love you guys! And hopefully we'll see you here in less than 24 hours! Yeah!
Post a Comment