Monday, November 30, 2009

What are you thankful for?

This past weekend, like most of you, we celebrated Thanksgiving. I didn't take any pictures but I have taken a few minutes to think about some of the things I am thankful for, sure there are the regulars: family, friends, food, home but I thought of some others. I am thankful for a washer and dryer in my house! We have been without for almost 3 weeks because we are finishing a bathroom and tiling our "new" laundry room. I am thankful for a husband who can do these projects around the house even though he drives me ALMOST OVER THE EDGE when he does them because HE TAKES SO LONG! I am thankful for a job. Even if it drives me crazy to be so responsible for the future of children sometimes. I am thankful that I CAN work to help out my family. I am thankful for cute children. I am so thankful that I have a GIRL and a BOY. Sure I would like to have more than one of each but I need to remember how lucky I am to have 2 healthy children. I have truly been blessed. Most of the time I feel undeserving of 95% of my wonderful blessings. I am also thankful for blogging and facebook. That sounds weird, I know but it is truly right up my alley to check up on people whether they know or I am stalking them. I think blogging was made for people just like me. In my life I don't always get to spend time with my friends or even ever see them but I get to read their blogs-late, late at night in my pjs with tears streaming down my face sometimes. I want you all to know that I have really appreciated reading your blogs. I know that we mostly all blog about happy things but I know everything in life isn't all happy but you have made me remember to always remember the good parts of my life. How was that for a run-on sentence? I really don't know why I am being so sentimental tonight----One last thing that I came to realize I need to be thankful for is LIFE! You know this weekend when I was thinking I thought-- we are all here striving for the same thing, we all want the same thing in life, we are all aiming for the same goal. I don't think anyone ever wakes up in the morning and says to themselves "Man, how can I make someone else's life HELL today." We are all just trying to get to the end of the day, doing our darn best to be happy and although we all have a "little junk in the trunk" by darn we all have so much to be thankful for. It is so easy to think you are the only one having problems or the only one fighting inside to be happy or hiding something major, everyone has problems!!! If not--- your turn will come so be careful how to treat others and by darn like I always tell my kids "JUST BE NICE." We never know what people are going through. I hope you all understand what I am trying to say in this post, I have never been so good with words. I want you all to know that I truly believe everything I have said. Heavenly Father loves us and knows what we are going through! Love you all! Good night! Take Care- know I love you, Lis

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lisa! I needed to read that tonight:)

Katie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one reading blogs late at night and sometimes shed a tead or two as well. As you know I've been VERY thankful for my washer and dryer this past week as well with our crazy lice outbreak. I sure hopt that one never happens again!

Steph said...

I am thankful that you took the time to do this post. I agree with you, I love reading people's blogs and feeling like I am more normal than I thought I was and life is challenging and chaotic and crazy and GOOD for everyone! I am glad you took the time to write about that! Thanks:)

Allison said...

Love you Lisa!!!!

lisa said...

Thanks Allison, I love you, too! Just curious though why did you write that?