Well, if you read the post below you will know that this is the 2nd attempt at this here Christmas blog post. I had titled it "December in 30 minutes or less." I even had pictures and for those who really follow me know that that is quite rare! I even put them on myself!!! Could someone please be proud of me because this patting myself on the back is kinda hurting my arm!!! :) Any way, here goes the 2nd attempt....husband is clear, ready, set, go!
Well...humm what did I post....December was a little odd this year because we didn't start the month off with the annual 3rd grade nutcracker at school, (because of the fire, etc.) we got out of school a whole week before Christmas, we didn't have a birthday party with friends or family for Madalyn this year, and we had our first ever "at our own house" Christmas Eve and we didn't even do a gift exchange with Adam's side of the family this year as a matter of fact we hardly even spent any time with our extended family at all. Over all we had a very low key, very quiet, very relaxed holiday season---It's a wonder we didn't all kill each other from being cooped up in the house so much!
We did take the kids to see the lights at temple square on the 23rd and it wasn't even really that crowded. We went to see the "Mo-tab Choir" with Natalie Cole with my Dad and Shawna. We took the kids sledding at the "old powerhouse" where Adam and I both used to sled as kids. To top off an almost perfect Christmas break the kids and I took a quick trip to St. George to visit friends and get out of the cold and muck.
Well, there you have it folks! The run down quick version of the cuter post that got erased! Oh well it's better than nothing, right? January highlights coming soon.
6 comments:
You did a great job with the pictures!!! I loved the water nativity it was so beautiful! Christmas just went by way to fast this year!!!
I am proud of you for doing your update. Things have been quite crazy all around but I am glad that you had a nice relaxed holiday. We need to get together to make some cards / scrapbook. I need a girls night for sure! Love and Miss you!
Awesome! Looks great! And, feel better knowing that you aren't the only one who has had to RE-DO a post!
Looks like fun, Lisa! Glad you all had a nice holiday! Went way too fast. Do you make it up this way at all? We would love to see you!
Sounds like a fantastic Holiday break. We haven't done the BIG family christmas in a long time. Isn't it nice to just relax and enjoy your little ones?
Keep blogging!!!!
Love the blog. Wished that I was as eloquent with words as you seem to be. Spent a night reading through your posts. Wonderful reading! You are a great mom. Amm so blessed that Rylee has such an awesome teacher and role model this year! You are a blessing.
Feel free to visit our blog any time.
Gerri
Post a Comment